We love spicy chicken recipes, whether it’s Hot Chicken that’s huge in Nashville right now, or this Sriracha and panko chicken combo. Quick, easy, and flexible–this chicken dinner is a real winner.
I seem to have a Sriracha Sauce addiction. Or actually, anything hot and spicy. Half a dozen jalapenos are on my weekly grocery list and when I have time I buy Thai Chili Peppers at our local International Farmer’s Market or Whole Foods Market. When I want to indulge my spicy food addiction, I do it with Baked Chicken Thighs with Sriracha and Panko Breadcrumbs. Hope you like it!
It’s so easy! You marinate the chicken (or not if you’re in a hurry) in a yogurt, sour cream, and Sriracha mixture, then coat it with deliciously crunchy Panko Bread Crumbs, and bake.
One of the marinade ingredients is honey, but I’m tempted to eliminate it next time to give this baked chicken thighs dish more of a kick.
On the other hand, my 8 and 9 year old boys DEVOURED this baked chicken thighs recipe, so maybe the honey served its purpose? The grownups can always eat it with extra Sriracha Sauce on the top or on the side.
Ingredients for Spicy Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Light Greek Yogurt
- Juice of One Lemon
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey (Or not. Do it however you want, Hon! )
- 1 1/2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (or breasts)
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Combine first six ingredients.
- Add chicken and put in sealed plastic bag or covered glass dish.
- Marinate 20 minutes to 4 hours (Skip this if you’re in a hurry.)
- Bake for one hour or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- Serve with extra Sriracha for you Spice Lovers!