Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe
My Mom was such a great hostess. She operated under the rule of having everything done in advance so that you can enjoy your guests. So, when I got married in 1984, it was no surprise that she asked some of her co-workers for their favorite “make ahead” recipes. She needed to feed all the out of town guests who would be attending the wedding. This fresh fruit salad recipe has been a favorite ever since.
Melange of Fruit Salad was one of those recipes and has been in our family for 32 years. We serve it for just about every special occasion. I like it because:
- You can make it year round with whatever fruit is in season. I’ve made it with apples, oranges, pears, mandarins, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries & grapes. Just whatever looked good in the store that day.
- It keeps for up to 5 days. The wine in the dressing keeps apples and pears from turning brown.
- You can double or triple it easily to have enough for a crowd.
- It’s pretty AND delicious.
- After the fruit is gone, you can drink the leftover dressing and get a bit of a buzz. Someone told me that!
Melange of Fruits Salad Recipe
Uses seasonal fruit with a dressing of white wine & honey.
1/2 cup white wine
1/3 cup honey
1/2 tsp. powdered cinnamon
Dash of allspice
3 TBS. fresh mint, chopped
Dash of Amaretto
Put cut up fruit into serving bowl.
Mix rest of the ingredients together and pour over fruit.
*If I don’t have fresh mint, I have substituted Crème de Menthe for the mint and Amaretto.