Nancy Fox shares incredible recipes over at her website, Skinny Kitchen. All recipes, like this crockpot maple dijon chicken, are Weight Watchers compatible and include loads of nutritional information to make adding them to your meal planning super easy.
I think you’ll really enjoy this simple and delicious dish. The chicken is so tender and the sauce is extremely flavorful! You first cook the chicken and sauce in the crockpot. Once cooked, you shred the chicken. I love to serve this shredded chicken and sauce over steamed cabbage or broccoli slaw. Served this way, each serving has 267 calories, 3 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Crockpot Time: Low Heat 5-6 hours or on High Heat 2½-3 hours.
Crockpot Maple Dijon Chicken
1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
Salt & black pepper, to taste
1 cups onions, chopped
¼ cup pure Maple syrup
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 (12 oz) bag shredded cabbage (~5 cups) or broccoli slaw
Garnish with chopped scallions or chives, if desired
1. Sprinkle chicken with some garlic powder (use your judgment and preference on the amount), salt and pepper. Place in crockpot.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl or plate, add onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes until soft, then place onions in crockpot on top of chicken.
3. In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic and olive oil. Whisk until smooth. Pour over chicken and onions. Using a spoon, cover chicken fully with sauce.
4. Set crockpot to HIGH heat and cook 2½– 3 hours or set on LOW heat and cook 5-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and tender. Cook time varies dependent on the type of crockpot you have.
5. Cool chicken slightly and shred with your hands or a fork.
6. When ready to serve, place shredded cabbage or broccoli slaw in a microwave-safe, large bowl. Cook in microwave for about 2 minutes, until soft.
7. To serve: add 1¼ cups cooked cabbage to each plate. Add one cup shredded chicken with sauce.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving, once cup shredded chicken with sauce and about 1¼ cups cooked, shredded cabbage.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 7
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
Weight Watchers (old points) 5
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (1 cup chicken and sauce and cabbage)
267 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat. fat, 55mg chol, 28g prot, 23g carbs, 869mg sod, 3g fiber, 13g sugar