It’s finally the week for BAM in Las Vegas! BAM is the Bloggers At Midlife Conference that so many of us have anticipated all year. Though I realize some of you are not able to attend, I hope that this post will be helpful as you prepare for other business conferences.
Whenever I attend a conference, confidence is very important to me. I want to enter every session with my head held high and leave myself open to meet new people, speak with brands, and make new friends. In order to feel my confident best, there are steps that I, personally, take for preparation. Perhaps some of these will work for you, as well:
- GET PLENTY OF SLEEP THE WEEK BEFORE. We all know travel is exhausting… especially when changing time zones. My whole complexion looks better when I am well rested. Not to mention I am less likely to forget important details about my trip. I have to stay prepared so I do not lie awake going over the details. It means I must be ahead of myself. I know I will look and feel my best with several nights in a row of deep sleep.
- GET YOUR HAIR DONE. I do like to go right before I leave so my hair is freshly cut and colored. This is for my confidence more than anything.
- GET A FACIAL. Not only does the facial give me confidence, it also is relaxing and forces me to relax for at least an hour. It is just amazing what a simple microdermabrasion and moisturizing mask will do. I also love my esthetician and she always puts a smile on my face.
- GET A MANICURE AND PEDICURE. Since I am speaking this year, and a brand ambassador for a very creative line of clothing, I will get a nice French Manicure. Color on the nails becomes another accessory to coordinate, so I will keep the manicure simple so it is not competing for attention. This gives my hands and feet a nice fresh touch.
- COORDINATE YOUR OUTFITS. I have already written a calendar and tried on my outfits to select the ones I love for maximum confidence! I make sure to write down each piece, accessory, and shoes for activities every day.
- MAKE SURE ALL BASES ARE COVERED AT HOME. I do not want to come back to any problems, so I write down and think through everything my family or employer/colleagues might need while I am gone. Then I know that I am more likely to relax and have fun!
Hopefully, all will go well and I will be confident, smiling and ready for a great conference. The most important accessory is our smile. So bring it, ladies! How about you? How do you prepare for a conference? Please share.
See some of you soon… and everyone else, I’ll meet you next week, right here in The Joy Boutique.