Summer is heating up and after blogging through Charla Krupp’s How Not to Look Old (links in this post may be affiliate links), we should all be ready to shine from event to event. This is our last segment and, hopefully, everyone has picked up her book on Amazon. Final chapters you will need to read are:
Chapter 15 Follow the Three- Bling Rule When Dressing for Evening
Chapter 16 Learn to Love Shapewear (I do not understand why some women don’t do this!)
Chapter 17 Show Some Leg
Chapter 18 Step into Some Sexy Heels
“‘There are no ugly women, only lazy ones,’ comes from the legendary beauty entrepreneur, Helena Rubinstein. She was, to be honest, no beauty, but by attending to her skin, makeup, and fashion, she became wildly successful and transformed herself into one of the most alluring women of her day, charming high society with her impeccable style and delicious wit. I think about her quote whenever I am tempted to crawl under the covers at night with the day’s makeup still clogging my pores.”
She concludes with three TOP TEN LISTS; however, I will only share one here.
TEN NEW RULES FOR HOW NOT TO LOOK OLD
- Up is better than down (brows, glasses, bust, bum)
- Soft is better than hard (makeup)
- Illumination is better than darkness (face, hair)
- Warm is better than cool (hair color, makeup)
- Slim is better than heavy (eyeliner, clothing)
- Moist is better than dry (skin, lips, eyes)
- Smooth is better than bumpy (eyelids, lips, shapewear)
- Casual is better than fussy (hair, makeup, clothes)
- Less is better than more (nails, jeans, legs)
- And anything is better than nude hose!
Now, one of the lists not shown here tells Ten Things to do in Ten Minutes which take off Ten Years! I read that one first.
She has given us some valuable advice to look and feel fabulous well into turning 100 (and beyond)! I do believe we get lazy. I know I was at one point–diligent about everything and everyone but me. For the last ten years, I have worked to turn that around. Oh, still a work in progress, but in much better shape inside and out. I only wish I had not waited so long to come to the party.
Please share. What areas do you believe need the most fine-tuning? Currently, I am working on weight loss and illuminating my hair!
Thanks for stopping by the Joy Boutique. Have a wonderful first week of June, everyone!