Please note that some links are affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we receive a small percentage that helps keep us in business. Thank you for supporting Midlife Boulevard.
Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future. – Coco Chanel
Elegance is not owned by the wealthy. It is not a concept only pictured in the top fashion magazines. Elegant, chic, poised, refined, sophisticated–all words I strive for during this time of my life. I believe they can be learned and applied by anyone.
It is not for the stuffy or snooty. Not exclusively for the Queen of England or the Duchess of Cambridge. Elegance can be part of the woman who smiles, laughs and enjoys life one day at a time.
I see so much strength and wisdom in the chic, elegant women I know. Whether they are wearing jeans or Chanel, it is the woman inside the clothes which holds her posture and poise at a level to communicate elegance.
With all the women who strive for this type of living, the chic and refined women in your life, I have composed a Top 10 Shopping List. Please note links are affiliate links. That means if you click and shop, we receive a small percentage of what you would pay anyway.
Top Ten Shopping List for the Elegant Woman
- Pearls – whether with denim or tweed, pearls are always chic
- Diamond studs – a staple in her wardrobe (just like the perfect white shirt)
- Leather clutch – for all special occasions when less is more
- Leather gloves – warm and elegant
- Cashmere wrap in neutral colors – another wardrobe staple
- Beautiful robe and nightgown – she would like be chic for everything
- A lovely apron – to protect her style around the home
- Gift certificate to a spa – she is relaxed and in control
- Regular manicures and pedicures – for she is perfectly groomed from head to toe
- Delicate silver bangles – a special gift to enhance any outfit
Many of us do not believe chic is obtainable, because we associate it with fame and fortune. There are items on this list which can be purchased at different price points to bless women who are striving for more poise in their lives. If you know of such a woman, honor her with a gift which encourages her to walk this path.
Ultimately, elegance is more about what is inside than out; but these are gifts meant to put a smile on the face of someone special, even if that is you!
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years. –Audrey Hepburn
Do you have an idea for this list?
Thank you for stopping by! Have a lovely week.