The key to making this One Pot Chicken and Kale dish in 15 or 20 minutes is to cut the chicken into bite sized pieces before cooking. It makes a huge difference in the timing!
You can also save time by using garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. It really doesn’t seem to make a drastic difference in this recipe. Adding wine is also optional. My kids love Quick and Easy One Pot Chicken and Kale but if yours won’t eat kale you can always substitute spinach. (If they’ll eat spinach! )This dish could also be made with shrimp.
If you are a slow chopper, you may want to chop onions and garlic on sunday and store them in an air-tight container till you make this dish during the week
Quick and Easy One Pot Chicken and Kale
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 Boneless Sklinless Chicken Thighs (or 6 breasts)
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning (A mixture of Marjoram, rosemary, thyme, savory, sage oregano and basil)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- One or Two Sweet onions, chopped
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic (or a teaspoon or two of garlic powder if you don’t have time to chop garlic)
- 12 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 3 Cups Chopped Kale (Can substitute Spinach, Arugula, Collards or Mustard Greens, it’s all good!)
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat Olive oil over medium high heat
- Add Chicken and Chopped Onions
- Saute about five minutes, till onions are translucent and chicken is nearly cooked through
- Add garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, italian seasoning, kale and wine plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for about five minutes.
- Serve by itself or over pasta.
Find more quick and easy recipes on Valerie Hoff’s blog