This No-Cook Pasta Sauce will taste better if you have time to let it sit out on the counter for around 30 to 45 minutes but if you are REALLY pressed for time, my recipe includes a way you can cheat a bit on that.
If you made your pasta earlier in the week, microwave it for about 45 seconds before adding the sauce. If fresh garlic is a bit too pungent to you, substitute a teaspoon or so of garlic powder.
The capers are optional but we are on a bit of a caper kick around here. At the last minute I also added chopped anchovies to my Quick and Easy No-Cook Pasta Sauce but then again, I like a lot of weird foods. Just leave those salty little fish out if you don’t like them!
Quick and Easy No-Cook Pasta Sauce
Penne or Spaghetti is delicious with this Quick and Easy No-Cook Pasta sauce. I cook the pasta on Sunday and during the week, dinner is ready in a flash.
- 5 – 6 Medium to Large Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- 4 Finely Minced Garlic Cloves ( Can substitute 1/2 to 1 teaspon garlic powder)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Basil Leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Capers
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Oz (or about one tin) Chopped Anchovies DON’T FREAK OUT! Totally optional!
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop Tomatoes and put in a large bowl.
- Add Garlic, Olive Oil, Basil, Oregano and Capers and the Anchovies if you dare! Stir.
- If you have time to let the mixture rest awhile, it will be juicier and more flavorful but If not, microwave for about 40 seconds to speed things along.
- Serve over hot Penne or other pasta. (If you pre-cooked your pasta earlier in the week, microwave for about a minute.)
- Serve topped with Parmesan Cheese.
Find more quick and easy recipes on Valerie Hoff’s blog