How do you feel when you wake up in the morning? Are you energized and ready to tackle the day, or do you feel stiff, tight, and groggy? Do you have a painful back and/or hips?
I am not going to pretend that I jump out of bed, feeling like a million bucks each and every day. However, I have found a trick that helps me start off on a positive (and pain free) note. The secret is MOVEMENT.
Although movement – just like anything else – isn’t a panacea, I can absolutely promise you that adding more movement to your life will help you feel better as you go about your day.
In the video below, I demonstrate my “Miracle Morning Workout” (with a salute to Hal Elrod of www.themiraclemorning.com).
· Standing trunk twists (8-10 twists each direction)
· Standing toe touches or standing windmill 8-10 times
· A few gentle standing backbends with my hands on my low back to support my spine
· 8-10 hip circles each direction
· 10-12 countertop push-ups
· (up to) a 1-minute plank to “set” the core muscles to learn how to perform a safe and effective plank
Note: There are hundreds… Thousands… Of exercises you can use to create your own “Miracle Morning” workout. Choose moves that suit your needs. If you plan to do your routine in the early morning (as I’ve suggested), make sure that the moves are easy enough that they don’t strain your muscles, give you a headache, or cause an upset stomach. Finally, if your hip and/or back pain requires extra care and attention, please check out my newest video package, “The Back Pain Plan.” It is designed exclusively for women and can help you feel better naturally, without medication.