It can be hard to sit down and write sometimes.
We think of all the things running circles ’round our minds, and when we get ready to hit the keys?
And so, to help you move forward – should you find yourself stalled – either currently, around the holidays, or just on a random day when you’re looking for something to motivate you – I’ve written a list of writing prompts you might find helpful.
So take a few clicks and add this to your bookmarks, and then decide which one you’d like to try to write about today.
Thirty-five Writing Prompts for Midlife Women
- Tell us about your family. What was your life like growing up?
- Talk about the children in your life. Do you have kids of your own? Nieces, nephews? Godchildren? A friend’s children? What do they do that makes you smile?
- What kind of music are you listening to these days? How does it differ from the music of your youth?
- Do you have pets? Share a funny or sweet story about them.
- Share your writing space with us. Include pictures.
- What is the last book you read? Write a review and let us know why you enjoyed it.
- Where did you grow up? Share your hometown memories with us.
- Tell us about a family tradition you’re trying to keep going with your family.
- Do you work? What do you do? Share that side of yourself with your readers.
- Are you a fashion fan? What sort of styles are you wearing these days?
- Do you have pictures of yourself from childhood? Care to share? Pictures make a perfect Wordless Wednesday or Throwback Thursday post.
- Do you run your own business? Looking for shoppers? An introduction and a short story would be an interesting piece.
- Have you noticed something that you can’t stop thinking about? Whether it’s the neighbor’s noisy dog, or the way kids today never look up from their phones? Write about it.
- Technology. Really – this topic is so open-ended. Thoughts? Concerns? Questions? Anything to engage your readers is welcomed.
- Share a story about a hobby or interest you’ve developed that you would never in a million years have expected to love when you were younger.
- Can you teach us a craft? Please do!
- Create a video. Embed it into your post. Ta dah! Done.
- Take a moment to share your social media info with your readers. Make sure they know where to find you.
- Do you travel? Share a recent trip with us.
- If you could go anywhere – where would you go and why?
- What do you keep on your nightstand? Pictures work with this prompt, too.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Tell us why.
- What is one thing that people don’t really know about you?
- Read over a blog post you have in drafts. Edit it as you feel you need to and hit publish.
- Share your favorite crockpot recipe.
- Do you enjoy participating in community events? Write a piece on what’s happening in your area in the coming weeks.
- Fiction. Write something that isn’t true. Introduce it as such.
- Write a poem.
- Which do you prefer, the beach or the mountains? Tell us why.
- What’s your favorite season? What do you love about it?
- Share your favorite beauty products with us. If you’re an affiliate – pop in some links – maybe we’ll decide to shop through you!
- Do you call it soda, pop, or Coke? Where did you grow up?
- Share ten things you’re currently thankful for.
- Tell us how you tackle your household chores and responsibilities. Any suggestions on how to make them go more smoothly?
- Sit yourself down and write freely. Hit publish. No editing or re-reading required.
There you go. Thirty-five ways to get yourself writing.
Now – which one do you think you’ll use first?