I cannot believe that July is upon us! Time really does fly as we get older. July 4th is just around the corner. Years ago, I was big into holiday clothing. I could rock a Christmas sweater with the best of them. But as my style has developed over the past ten years, I have ceased to wear the traditional theme clothing. I no longer feel comfortable in t-shirts or sweatshirts sporting a holiday theme. I do not want to be the largest pumpkin in the room, look as though I should be hoisted up the flag pole, or lit up like a Christmas tree.
However, there are ways to celebrate without going overboard! Affiliate links are provided for your shopping convenience.
Five Fourth of July Holiday Fashion Tips
- Decide which color works for you out of red, white and blue and wear one garment in that color for any parties, or picnics. For me, it would probably be red, but I also love a bright royal blue. A simple blouse or cardigan will work to make the holiday statement for you. There are also many knit maxi dresses in stores in all three solid colors.
- Accessories are a perfect way to add a touch of celebration. Wear a solid outfit with fun striped sandals or flip-flops, tie a themed scarf to your handbag, or wear a fun themed hat if celebrating outside. I have also seen cute red, white, and blue athletic shoes and purses.
- Consider a denim skirt and white top with a red necklace. A denim skirt can work for almost any situation whether outside or inside. It keeps us cool yet polished.
- In the summer, I often pull back my hair and tie a short print scarf to the pony tail. This is another way to make a simple fashion statement.
- Consider a theme that works for you, but might not be quite as traditional as the flag. I have seen some cute designs on tops with small bursts of fireworks. A little touch of bling like this pretty pendant could be perfect. Small doses of design for a holiday will always work and never be overpowering.
Fun is the key word here. July 4th is traditionally about being outdoors, spending time with family, picnics, and celebrations of what makes America special. Wear a look you feel confident and comfortable in, so that you will have a memorable time and laugh all day. If that happens to be in a tee with the Statue of Liberty on it and you love it? Then go for it. Enjoy each moment.
Hope you have a fun holiday weekend. Thanks for stopping by!