Dinner in 15 Minutes! This Mediterranean Shrimp recipe makes a deliciously light and healthy weeknight dinner. Try it – your family is sure to love it!
I’ve been making variations on this Mediterranean Shrimp dish for years. Like many of my recipes, when my family loves it I tell them, “Well, good luck getting the same exact thing again cause I just threw it together!” Sooo… here’s my written down version.
I use canned tomatoes and love the convenience of the pre-seasoned ones with basil, oregano and garlic, though I add six cloves of fresh garlic, too. We love our garlic around here! Feel free to add more herbs like oregano, basil or Italian seasoning and subtract some garlic.
I have found Costco has some of the best prices on both shrimp and Kalamata olives. The frozen shrimp package says not to quick thaw it under running water in a colander, but I do it all the time… what can I say, I’m a rule breaker!
The kids eat the 15 Minute Easy Mediterranean Shrimp over whole wheat pasta that I cook in advance over the weekend. We grownups are always watching our weight so we skip the pasta and eat salad.
Variations: You can also throw in a bag of spinach, arugula or kale at the end. It will wilt superfast and add even more nutrition to 15 Minute Easy Mediterranean Shrimp. Today I used Kale and it was perfect!
And, at the last minute I decided it needed some artichoke hearts. Totally up to you!
15 Minute Easy Mediterranean Shrimp
- YIELD: 4 – 6 Servings
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 10 mins
- READY IN: 15 mins
This is a fast, easy and healthy weeknight meal. Use less garlic if you’re not that into garlic.
- 1.5 Pounds Raw Shrimp Shelled
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 Finely Minced Garlic Cloves (use less if you want)
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 14.oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Capers
- 1/2 to 1 Bag Baby Spinach Can also use Kale or Arugula
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Artichoke Hearts
- Finely Chop Garlic. Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute garlic for about 30 seconds. DON’T BURN IT!
- Add shrimp and sautee for just a couple minutes till it starts to turn pink.
- Add tomatoes, Kalamata olives, capers, spinach and artichoke hearts. Cover pan and cook till heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Taste a shrimp for doneness! I would also add red pepper flakes to the recipe but my 8 and 9 year old boys don’t like a lot of it, so we pass it around at the table.
Find more great recipes from Valerie Hoff on her blog