Seriously, I think it had been twenty years…twenty years since I laid eyes on snow, but it is exactly what welcomed us as we flew into Nashville last spring for the first ever Bloggers at Midlife (BAM) conference. The size of the ice storm would limit a few from attending; however, those who made it in were not limited in impact.
Let me begin by saying, I have never been this sad to say good-bye to a year. 2015 was significant in my life. I began the year with one goal in mind…I RESOLVE TO BE COURAGEOUS…and, with BAM as a big player, I met the goal!
I will save details for my personal blog, but for all of you who join me on Midlife Boulevard, I have one big piece of advice if you are a blogger or thinking of becoming one…RESOLVE TO ATTEND BAM IN LAS VEGAS.
My reasons are simple:
- YOU WILL BUILD NETWORKS. In fact, some attendees will become fast friends. This group of intelligent, driven, creative, talented women will inspire. No one at BAM is limited by age, economics, or disabilities. In fact, the challenges seem to drive us forward. I now have a business partner, Jennifer Connolly. We met at BAM last spring.
- YOU WILL BE EMPOWERED WITH INFORMATION. Successful bloggers share their secrets with enthusiasm and humility. This group wants to see others soar. There is no sense of competition here. You will leave with specific, concrete information which can be implemented immediately. There are answers for every question. I completely turned my social media presence around after BAM and am still setting new goals from what I learned last year.
- YOU WILL HAVE CONTACT WITH BRANDS. For those who desire to blog professionally, BAM is an excellent way to meet brands and discover exactly what they are looking from bloggers.
- YOU WILL FEEL AT HOME, NOT INTIMIDATED. Most blogging conferences are overwhelming and attended by masses of younger bloggers from teens to all of the mommies. It is easy to get lost in the sea of faces. Not at BAM. You will feel right at home with other midlife bloggers and be heard.
- YOU WILL HAVE FUN! Yes, you learn so much in a short time, but it is also fun. (What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas). If you want to head out with a group to party…then go for it! However, I am certain, you will also find a group meeting over dinner to continue conversations from the sessions. This group wants every morsel of information and inspiration to take home and implement.
Last year I left desiring more. That is a successful conference. I have returned to my notes over and over again. BAM was a big part of my successful 2015, and I hope it will be part of YOUR success in this next year. I would love to meet more of you there. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have specific questions about my experience.
As we approach another New Year’s Day, I just want to say how much I appreciate every reader, every comment, every email. You are amazing and I am thankful for all of the new friendships. Let’s keep walking down the Midlife Boulevard together!
Happy New Year, everyone!