Recently, a friend leaned over her tea glass, and asked this question as if she was seeking out a deep dark secret, “Confess, what is your favorite garment to wear? Above anything else.” She appeared to be ready to tell the world it is my Wal-Mart Night Shirt, and was poised as if breaking news was about to occur. I laughed at her and boldly answered, “Jeans, of course. I don’t think it’s a deep dark secret!” I realize around this town I am most often seen wearing some version of a denim outfit. So, her next statement was a suggestion. To blog about some of my favorite spring-jean-combinations, of course.
Dark denim is my favorite. I can wear it for most situations, including professional. It can be dressed up or down with success. I prefer dark denim for its slimming, clean, and classic style. My next two favorites are white and black denim. I prefer all of my jeans without holes or any distressing. Now, here are some of my go-to combos:
- Pointed toe flat; silk jersey black tee; black and white tweed jacket with lots of long pearl strands (mine are costume)
- Classic, black boyfriend jacket; tee (this can be a simple white jersey or a fun message tee); and oxfords
- Long knit neutral cardigan; colorful blouse (often red, blue, or maybe a subtle print); and a gold wedge sandal
- A gold mule; coral flowy v-neck top; gold statement necklace; a blue denim jacket
- Black tunic, long silver necklace and silver sandals
- Red jacket; black tee, and black sandals
- Sleeveless sequined black top, white jacket, simple bracelet, black sandal
- Taupe, knit, form fit jacket; white v-neck tee; bronze flats
- Red jacket and black tank top; long white necklace; black ballet flats
These are my favorites. Of course, cooler weather brings out sweater and boots, but the jeans remain the same. I suppose my love of jeans hails from the traditions of a Texas girl, born and bred.
I hope this will inspire your own looks with jeans. Do you have any favorites you would like to share with us? Remember to always wear them with confidence!
See you next week!