I realize some of you are still freezing and dealing with snow, but, like it or not, spring is here. The editors of Harper’s Bazaar have selected their wardrobe essentials for spring as these (you’ll find affiliate links to help make your shopping experience an easy and pleasant one):
- lightweight leather jacket
- 3 blouses (silk or cotton)
- 2 skirts
- Tees and tanks to layer
- pair of dark denim jeans
My list has to be slightly different as the leather jacket and raincoat would never be worn in my South Texas environment. Even when it does rain, we rarely wear rain coats here.
When I shop this spring, my radar is out for these selections for this over 50 woman (you’ll find more affiliate links to help make your shopping experience a simpler one):
- Dresses – I have several skirts and have begun to wear them more in the recent years; however, I would like to add two to three dresses as well. It is difficult to find dresses for me which flatter my size 16 figure; are not in aging prints; and are not sleeveless. I must be patient to try on many and seek the best! This means I don’t shop when not prepared to spend time in the dressing room.
- Crop Pants – I love a thin leg, crop which goes close to the ankle. This is flattering on my figure and I like the look with flats, which I wear most often. Crops are very different from capris. Capri pants usually end in mid-calf and are more casual; however, there are a few women that a Capri pant flatters. They are worn by midlife and beyond women in the summer as an alternative to shorts, but I find that they rarely look right, so I threw all mine out years ago. The nice thing about crops is they can be upgraded to a professional or evening-wear style very easily.
- White, Long Tank – Last year, I purchased a black tank with a longer length to it and really loved it. So I am seeking a white one. I love the look of dark denim with a simple tank and structured jacket for casual night out during spring.
- Comfortable Sandals – Beginning now, I wear sandals often. That is one reason a pedicure is high on my list! This year I want to add some comfort sandals with color and even a little bling. I am looking over my favorite comfort lines for these… FitFlop, Aerosoles, SAS, ABEO, and Rockport.
- Colorful Accessories – My favorite looks are neutral based with colors introduced through accessories. So I keep my eye on necklaces, bracelets, and shoes to add the pop of color. Also, unless I am working in the yard (which is not that often), I really like to carry a parasol rather than wear a hat. Perhaps this is because of the amount of hair I have. But, if I do not need my hands free, I like the parasol. Some are even designed with amazing sun blockage potential now. A great addition to your spring accessories.
There you have it. That’s my spring shopping list. What’s on yours?
Thanks for dropping by and I will see you all next week. Have a joyful one!