Are you dreaming of cooler temps and fall fashion, or is it just me? Maybe it is because I am from Texas?
Maybe it is because I am not a fan of pastels?
Or perhaps it is just for the fun of it?
But this time of year always has me thinking of fall fashion. I just love the cooler seasons more than the warm weather seasons.
I love the feel of cashmere over the feel of sweat any day. I love the hope cooler breezes bring. I even believe the fashion industry likes fall better than the spring collections. I saw fall already promoted in June fashion magazines before summer had officially hit the calendar.
The success of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, where a customer can buy new fall fashion for a limited time, shows I am not alone. Many women are already planning their fall wardrobes and deciding what pieces they want to add this year.
It is important to me that the new items add to the flow of what already hangs in my closet, send the messages I desire to send with my style, work for my current new reinvented career, and perhaps add a touch of updated fun. So, I have made my own list and will be looking for the following items to consider.
*Affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Thank you for shopping through them and supporting Midlife Boulevard.*
Five 2016 Fall Fashion Wishes
- BLOCK HEEL SHOE OR BOOTIE: This design is stylish, comfortable, and current. It is available in many different designs. I am upgrading my shoes for work. Yes I need comfort, but more than in the past I need a little panache to add to my looks as the magazine voice for local women.
- LEOPARD JACKET: Leopard really never goes out of style, but it will be everywhere this year. I have been in search of a long, leopard jacket with a flattering fit for a couple of years. It has to fit well, and so far, the ones I have found are very expensive. Since it is a specialty piece and will not be worn as often as a neutral jacket, I need a very good price point. The search goes on!
- RED SWEATER: I am really into red, but it has to be more of a brick-red and not too bright a red. It is one of my best colors and I love to wear it with black and even with a pop of leopard. Check your Pantone Fall 2016 colors to see what will predominantly be on the racks this season.
- WEDDING GUEST DRESS: I need a perfect dress for fall evening weddings since I have several invitations on the autumn horizon. I would like this dress to have multi-purpose ability and perhaps look great for professional events as well.
- NAVY PANTS: Nautical inspiration also returns this season, and I am lacking a pair of navy blue pants. These are good for any time of year and I have wanted to locate my perfect pair. During a season when they are “on trend” is a good time to shop for staples like this.
Of course, I want these to be smart choices at good price points, and I want quality which fits my body shape well and will last. But I always enjoy the hunt.
Would anyone else like to share your autumn wish list? Let us know what you are looking for!