Some links are affiliate links
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
As we have been in the midst of a brutal heat wave, I am also glad there are Octobers ahead. This is why I love it that the fashion industry has us thinking of fall fashion before Labor Day. It can take our minds from shorts to rich leathers and luxurious cashmeres. One thing we can do, is begin to look closer at the fashion trends.
Now, some of you just screamed because you hate talk of trends. I get it, but I also want you to consider how trends can help us to update our looks, keep that youthful glow, and look our best when we go out. It is a given…when we are happy with how we are dressed, we will smile more and have more confidence. This year it is easier than ever to have an updated style without spending major money…just walk into your closet.
Here are five easy to do trends for Fall 2015. If you do not already own them, then they are pretty easy to obtain for a song!
- White Shirts…Yes, designers continue to bring us styles with a classic white shirt. It is a must for a functional wardrobe. They look great with denim or a pencil skirts. The longer, tunic version is very popular with leggings and skinny pants.
- Layers of Accessories. The key word here is “layers.” Wearing multiple necklaces and bracelets is really popular this year. Mix lengths of necklaces, colors, and metals…you just about cannot go wrong.
- Call it what you want. The 70s, bohemian, folkloric, hippie…it is all back! Pull out your vests, flowy pants, mixed patterns, scarves, headbands, lace…mix up…it will work.
- For the more classic styling among us, tweed is very in. Wear your Chanel-like jackets with jeans or look for a modern tweed cape. More capes are around this fall.
- Red and White. All versions of red, burgundy, and winter whites are throughout the collections. Wear as much white as you like after Labor Day…no more rules. Pop a look with a red or burgundy bag. Marsala remains the Pantone Color of the Year and is everywhere from clothing to interior design.
Last week, I interviewed Cara Crowley, Market Stylist for Vogue, who works directly with Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour. Cara reminds us to take trends and make them our own. “With the fashion trends this year, it is easier than ever,” she said. “Just look them over and decide how they fit your lifestyle.” I will add to that, decide what messages you want to communicate and how you can do it with these trends. So much potential in this small list. Have fun with your clothing, ladies. It will help you to feel better!
Thanks for stopping by the Joy Boutique. Now tell us, do you have these things in your current wardrobe? Which one has caught your attention?
Please leave a comment and then come back next week!
Tuesday 18th of August 2015
Great list Pam!! I love the transitional pieces this time of year!!
Tuesday 18th of August 2015
Thanks for the updates on fall fashions. I haven't read my September mags yet. I feel like so many of the styles are starting to repeat from year to year. Does houndstooth tweed ever go out of style? Glad I have some in my closet.