Sunday, March 2 the Oscars – otherwise known as my Superbowl – will be on ABC. I don’t need a reason to watch other than my utterly ridiculous love of the glitter, pomp and excitement of it all. But if you need a reason, here you go.
If you’re tweeting on Oscar night, be sure to follow the hashtag #Oscarsmlb to chat with us as we watch together on the Boulevard! To follow the general chatter about the awards, follow the hashtag #Oscars.
1. The red carpet – obviously. And in my opinion the only place to watch it is the E! channel, because no one does the red carpet better than Ryan Seacrest and the rest of the E team.
2. The host. Ellen Degeneres is just about the coolest woman on earth. Let’s hope she does some dancing during the opening monologue.
3. The surprises. It’s a tight race this year in some categories (best picture, best actor, best supporting actress), so expect a few gasps during the show.
4. Brad and Angelina. They’ll be there this year, and there’s no couple more glamorous than these two.
6. The “in memoriam” montage. There’s always someone you didn’t know had passed away.7. The moms. A few attendees are sure to bring their moms as their dates. What could be more thrilling than to go to the Oscars with your nominated son or daughter? I’d be kvelling!!!
8. George Clooney’s date. Who will he bring this year????
9. The one or two amazing acceptance speeches. Most of them are pretty boring, but there’s always a couple that are genuine, funny or heart-pulling. And let’s hope if Jennifer Lawrence wins again this year, she doesn’t trip going up the stairs.
10. Jack Nicholson.
11. The one or two hilarious presenters. I’m hoping for Seth Rogen, Robert Downey Jr., maybe Robin Williams or Steve Martin? We need to laugh!
12. Fashion Police on the Monday night after the show. Because, in the end, the awards are given and we may forget who won (quick, name the best supporting actress from 2013!) – but we’ll remember some of the dresses forever.