Yes, I realize many of you are still cold and have snow up to the roof. But, it is okay to think that spring is around the corner. You can make subtle wardrobe and beauty changes which will give the hope of spring to come, and put a smile on your face even when the slush is squishing at your feet.
Here are a few ways to begin the springtime preparations:
- Get a pedicure and make sure the color is bright and cheery. Sure, few people can see your toes when boots are the primary attire. But, you will see your happy feet first thing every morning when the covers are pulled off. Starts your day with a smile!
- Begin to put away the darker colored sweaters and scarfs. Move into soft neutrals… white, gray, navy, ivory, and tans. These gentle changes in attire will begin to brighten spirits as we look toward warmer weather– and you can wear white any time. Tell mom to settle down! Also, your countenance will brighten!
- Shop the winter clearance sales for lighter layering pieces in beautiful colors. Move away from the heavy garments and layer more…just the lighter, softer feel of fabrics will bring hope the sun will come out tomorrow.
- Pay attention to the black and white trends. Black and white has been on the scene for several seasons in a row and you can style fun black and white looks to carry into another season. Many of the magazines have fun inspirational styles to take into your current closets. These garments are everywhere from Target to Saks Fifth Avenue.
- I know there are great curves under those coats somewhere….begin now to wear more garments which fit your curves. Show them off ladies!
- Also, there have to be legs under there as well! Just have a goal to wear one or two skirts or dresses a week if you do not already. Even with tights, your legs will get ready for the transition. And, make sure you begin now to prepare your legs for re-entry. I looked down at mine the other day…(Now, I can bend over and actually see them since I began to work out!)… and they were so dry! I have begun a regular regimen with IOMA to get them ready for spring! It’s like a party for your legs.
All six of these things are doable and will help you have hope of a new fashion season. It is amazing how clothing and beauty care will brighten our spirits and bring joy. In the midst of constant ice and snow, we all can use a little more joy and hope the season is going to change! And it will!
Thanks for stopping by The Joy Boutique! Have a great week everyone!