It’s early on a February Saturday morning, and as I sit here the birds are chirping songs of spring. They’re the only sound in the still before sunrise. We have been experiencing a bit of an early spring with the trees beginning to bud. Succulent lemons and oranges are already covering trees throughout our city like we have not seen in years.
And with this weather you’ll find that sandals are on our feet in South Texas as we jump into spring fashion several months before the norm. And I do realize some of you are frozen and digging out, but Punxsutawney Phil has given all of us the hope of an early spring.
If you are ready for a slight transition into spring clothing, if only to brighten the winter doldrums, then here are a few suggestions (product links are affiliate links):
- WHITE PANTS OR DENIM. These are in style all year long. Wear them now with navy blue or shades of red to add a lighter touch to winter’s heavy fabrics and shades.
- WHITE BLOUSES. A white blouse is always in style. Replace some of your dark sweaters with a white blouse and layer if you still need the warmth.
- PASTELS IN COLD WEATHER FABRICS. There are some luscious garments on the racks right now in lovely cooler shades. You’ll find pink sweaters and lilac trench coats. It’s easy to begin to think brighter and lighter while ensuring that you stay warm.
- ACCESSORIES. Of course an easy way to add cool colors, florals, and spring prints are with scarves, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, handbags, and shoes. And remember – a thrift, resale, or consignment shop can help so much when you need a more affordable perk!
- COLORS. A splash of color will always brighten the deep of winter.
Navy…think cobalt blue
Saffron…think lemon yellow
Perhaps some of these ideas will give you the hope of spring to come. After all, it is just around the corner.
And, please let me remind you, the end of season sales are a great time to buy a special piece and put it away for next year. I have done this before and it really gives us something to look forward to when fall comes around again.
When do you begin to think spring with your wardrobe?
Thanks for stopping by The Joy Boutique! Have a wonderful week.